Sunday, January 07, 2007

Happy 2007!

Before I write about the New Year celebrations, resolutions and any other -tions I can think of, I will tell you about the run up to New Year, including Christmas.

We spent Christmas day with my parents and Paul, Sarah and baby Joshua. We arrived home at 4ish Chrimbo eve and had a relaxing evening watching movies. Christmas day was lovely and chilled...I got some lovely pressies including Planet Earth on DVD and smellies and choccies...oh and lots of B&Q vouchers!! We popped over Paul and Sarah's for about an hour in the morning to see Joshua open our pressies to him - we got him a singing penguin for bathtimes which he liked (and we saw it in action at bathtime later on!!) Lunch was back at the bunglehouse and was delicious! I ate so much I must have looked like a football!! We went back over my brothers for tea and ended up playing Simpson Monopoly, where Paul thrashed the pants off us all!! We came back home Boxing day afternoon - which was a little weird, especially after mum getting mushy as we're not in Sandy anymore...

Between Christmas and New Year should be a time of relaxation, recuperation...and other a-ations as well...but no, not for us we've been DIY-ing!! Carl replaced the valve on the hot water pipe and we fixed the hole in the kitchen ceiling (it still needs finishing off but is far better than a gaping hole!!.) We have re-insulated the loft (thanks to the B&Q vouchers!!) and went through the boxes to try and get rid of stuff...we have so much stuff it is untrue - I am such a hoarder...and being a teacher really doesn't help!! So we brought crates to box things up properly. Carl then finished off the flooring in the loft (he did about 1/3 of the loft when we moved in and he is now replacing the bit near the hatch as that needed replacing - so about 1/2 the loft will be floored - lots of storage space!!) I was rather impressed with the amount of stuff I managed to bin/recycle/give to charity!

New Year celebrations were at Dave and Joey's for a 'night at the races.' It was the chance to dress up a bit posh and try to win some fake money on the horses. I was rubbish and lost lots - not as much as Putin though!! Dave and Lou seemed very good at picking winners and had lots of payouts! After midnight we all flagged a bit and ended up watching a programme about annoying celebrities...at about 2.30-3ish we came home, but needing to see who the number one annoying celeb was we had to watch the rest of the show and got to bed at 4.30am!!



Since New Year it is back to work :o( Finding the dark mornings particularly pants and really not wanting to get out of bed at all! On Saturday Chudders and I helped the Po's with their house. The main job was Carl helping Ross with the loft insulation and boarding up (as he is a pro now!) while Lou and I made trips to the tip, destroyed the kitchen (I love hammers!!) and constructed a fireplace...among other things. My fave moments were Lou and I dancing in spaces where cupboards had been, CP trying to pull a unit off the wall but only a bit came off in his hand - luckily I caught him, and Mr Po looking rather like a Teletubby (Po!) Then it was a curry, Green Wing Special (Boo Hoo! No more Green Wing!) and some Peep Show before going home to bed!

No comments: