Thursday, January 11, 2007

Comedy Fix?

Hurrah! I finally got my Green Wing DVDs through the post (a week after dispatch!) I brought Season 2 over Christmas, as I HAD to see it in time for the Special (which I saw 3 times (!) with various people - and it got funnier each time I watched it.) So, I now have Season 1 and the special on DVD too. I have just watched the alternate ending, and I must say I prefer it to the actual one...it leaves it more open (for a new series...fingers crossed but I doubt it!) Rather than an alternate ending, it is more of an extended ending, with a more that one person up in the air!
I have to say, it is a bit sad that the powers that be said there is unlikely to be a 3rd season - I love Green Wing (such a funny show, so many hilarious scenes...if you haven't seen it...watch it now!), and shows like it (Spaced, Black Books etc) - they just stop too soon and there aren't enough of them. Where will I get my comedy fix now!?!?!? Answers on a postcard...(or in the comments :o)

One of my fave lines...(Season 1 Ep 3)
Mac: Join me again next week on this episode of let’s make no f**king sense at all when I’ll be waxing an owl.

No comments: