Sunday, January 14, 2007

Lou's birthday.....and stuff

I have been very busy this week...and very good too, getting lots of schoolwork done (although I still have a worksheet backlog - still endeavouring to catch up from 'the move') and actually managing to cross things of my 'to do' list and feeling pretty chuffed with myself!
Friday night Carl and I vegged out with some red wine and watched ER that we'd taped the night before. Saturday, after a lie in and a lazy morning watching Scrubs on TV (love it - bit of a comedy fix so am happy!) I went shopping and coming back exhausted! No idea why!! So we had an early dinner (after a late breakfast!), more wine and DVDs! 1st we watched 4 Weddings and a Funeral (a Chrimbo pressie from the Putin's - thanks!) I had seen it many years ago and didn't think much to it, but I really enjoyed it now I am older and wiser!! Then, being early still, we decided to watch Elizabethtown (a rental) and it was pants. After 45mins we switched it off (and that's rare, normally I'll watch to the end for closure but I found it so uninspiring I couldn't be bothered!) and tried something else - The Triangle. It is a 3 part series. I was sceptical at first but enjoyed it...well part one anyway, then went to bed (sooo tired!) while Carl watched part 2.
Today I watched part 2 before being good and getting down to school work! This evening we celebrated Lou's birthday by having a meal at The Rising Sun somewhere on the A4! It was good to get together, celebrate Lou's 28th birthday, and get a visual update on Rossputin's hair - which Joey said is making him look more and more like a playmobile character!! Ha ha!

Thought of another fave GW quote: (Season 1 Ep 2)
Sue: Did you touch my squirrel?
He he...there are so many!!

No comments: