Sunday, October 14, 2007

Wine Festival, Football and Rugby

Yesterday we went to Newbury's first wine festival. We went to the wine masterclass first, where we tasted 2 pinot noir wines and was told how to taste them properly. We then went to the festival part, where there were lots of wine stalls and plenty of wines and cheeses to try! There were plenty of yummy wines, and between us all, we purchased a fair few!
After the festival we watched the Estonia vs England Euro Qualifier match at the Berkshire Tavern. Noo, Lou and I left at half time to do a spot of shopping (which was good timing as the 2nd half was a bit pants we were told!) Noo and I 'Trinny and Suzannahed' Lou and she now has an outfit for Nolan and Mel's wedding in a couple of weeks. On our return, we all ventured to Lock Stock for another drink before the meal. Sick Boy and Joey joined us for Noo's birthday meal at Prezzos. The wine was a bit pants after all the good wines we had tasted at the festival though! After our fill, we went to Chicargo as they had the rugby on! Sitting next to Poot was a bit scary (he really wanted to cause the French pain!) After a close game, we won! Hurrah!!
It was then back to the poot residence for a nightcap (a cuppa!!) and we watched 100 greatest stand-ups.
We all ventured home at about 11.30, and I was not feeling great. I know it wasn't because I'd had to much to drink or mixed my drinks as I'd only had the wine festival wines and a glass and a half of wine with the meal. Still, at 1am (I needed to see who the number 1 stand-up was - it was Billy Connelly (with Eddie Izzard coming in 3rd! Yay!!)) I chundered projectile stylee. Nice. I reckon it must have been the fish in my food :o( My tummy is still a bit sensitive today...so no BA this morning!
Still, apart from the vom, a good day was had by all!!

No comments: