Saturday, October 13, 2007

Superheroes, Poot and Orion!

Last Friday it was Noo's birthday. Her actual birthday celebration will be today, but we went to the Cock Inn for a few drinks on Friday to say Happy Birthday.

Sonia and Colin were up for the evening...and I am not quite sure what they thought of us by the end of the night...because...

we revised our 'superhero names.' This was a conversation we had weeks back - what our superhero names would be. So, Joey is 'Kitty Girl' with the power to diffuse fights with her purring power, Louey is 'Poochie Girl' (this was one of the better names, which didn't sound like she was being dirty with dogs!), who is Kitty girl's arch nemesis, by creating unrest by barking! Putin is 'Poostick' (can you guess where this converstaion went?!?!?) who has the ability to poo and fill holes in ravines...the point of this superpower, however is unclear! Carl is obviously Putin's arch nemesis, being 'Buttplug' - enough said! Noo is 'Fact Girl,' which she reckons is a little boring, although I think she may be the one to solve evil schemes of supervillians! Dave is obviously 'The Tank' - and I see him as some kind of transformer!! Po is 'Fin Boy' (although the fin was missing that night!) who uses his fin as a weapon or for whisking things! I don't actually remember my proper superhero name (if anyone remembers - let me know!) but it was something to do with my embarrassing dancing on the Centre Parcs video and my power was to disctract people with my awful rave moves!

If Colin and Sonia didn't think we were completely bonkers after that conversation, there was the whole 'I dare you' session. Putin was dared £5.83 to let someone write 'Poot' on his head with tomato ketchup! I volunteered, and would be getting £1 per letter! I almost did it too, but the barman, and the rest of the pub seemed to turn around just as I was about to, and I chickened out!!

On the way home, Carl was rather drunk and tried to look up at the stars while walking, which was quite unsuccessful. He kept looking up, staggering and saying 'Look at Orion,' in a gimp like fashion. Of course, Poot and DL did superb immitations of Carl's gimp walk!

On Saturday, Colin was very poorly sick - too much beer! We had a chill out day watching Saw 2 and 3 and having a scrummy chilli for dinner!

On Sunday Carl and I went to the tidy tip (after I'd been to BA) and cleared out the garage of boxes! Yay!

The rest of the week has been fine...but very slow! Now, with a couple og hours to go, looking forward to the Newbury Wine festival!

1 comment:

Ross McDonald said...

That was a hell of a night out :-)
Especially 'Look at Orion'.