Thursday, April 05, 2007

Easter Holidays - at last!

So, what have I been up to since my last blog? Well, we did the production...a lot. I am now free from it and no longer have to endure rendition after rendition of Starlight and Treasure Hall (aka Crystal Ball) and the Pugwash theme played by the kazoo band...although it doesn't stop them entering my head at random times so I'll end up singing along! All in all, the production went well, but I was exhausted afterwards - felt like I could have slept for a week (getting to sleep was a bit of a problem, with Cap'n Pugwash whirring about!)

Anyway, I am glad it is now the Easter holidays. Carl is at home too, which is good (in some ways!) Since I have been off I have kept myself busy...mainly trying to get onto the next level of a tetris-like game, called Luxon Amun Rising, I have become addicted to. I have completed it at beginner level and am now trying it at expert (missing out intermediate entirely!) I was stuck on level 10 (namely 10.2, then 10.4 then even worse 10.5) and last night I finally cracked it and now am on level 11! hurrah!

Friday night Carl went out with the people from work and I had tea at the Po's. Ross cooked a chilli (which was tres yummy) and we watched Ross Noble on DVD - Lou did tell me he was random, but random just doesn't cover it!! Very funny! Laughing at Elton John hitting midgets and faces in muffins (there's a face.....next muffin). On Saturday we popped over the Po's to jump start their car, only to find the battery was beyond dead, so a new one was required. On Sunday the boys went golfing, so Lou and I went into town. We wandered about, savouring the farmers market, trying not to buy too much stuff - we did purchase a few good items mind;o), having lunch and Lou trying to find clothes for me (she is very good!)
Yesterday Carl and I went into town to do a few jobs and then to the driving range (Carl wanted to hit some balls) and I had a go. I wasn't too bad....I managed to hit the ball, and some went in a straight line...I just found the way you had to stand a bit tricky...I mean, it doesn't do a girl any favours - my butt sticks out enough without having to actually 'stick it out'! (although I did notice the American guy next to us had a very large butt, so it kinda made me feel better!) It was fun though, but the guys don't need to worry, I won't be crashing their games!

Well, CENTER PARCS TOMORROW! Very exciting!! We have a few things booked (but the high ropes were booked up again - bummer) zip wite, archery, bowling and the girls are doing some pampery stuff too. Hot tub, here we come!!

No comments: