Thursday, April 05, 2007

Growing (things) Pains

Since my last blog, just a few hours ago, I decided to do some gardening (shock horror!!) I decided to tackle the small patch of overgrown-ness out the front near the garage. It is very small with a bushy thing with prickles that cut you to ribbons - nice. The shears had zero effect on it, so out came the hedge trimmer. I was having great fun cutting the prickly bush of pain to pieces when suddenly the trimmer stopped working. I thought something had got stuck or I'd caught the wall. Inside I went to check the plugs etc and it was only on my return I realised the problem...I'd cut though the cable. Hmmm, so that's what the slight tingle in my arm was about!?!? I feel lucky not to have electrocuted myself (thanks Black and Decker for making it idiot proof!)
However, this did not deter me from trying to contue the garden. I pulled up everything, except the roots of the prickly bush of pain, and had to leave it there. I'd blown the fuse in the trimmer and we had no spares. Bum. Still...it does look a bit better...the pain was worth it!

1 comment:

Eighteen said...

Scary to manage to cut through the wire!!!
You crazy loon!
love Cilla
x