Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ross's Stag Do/Girlie weekend

While the boys were celebrating Ross's Stag Do, I stayed at Lou's to have a bit of girlie time. We drove the guys to the airport EARLY Saturday morning as they were off to Estonia for the weekend! Saturday was spent going round the numerous estate agents in Newbury giving my details ready to look at houses. By the end of it I still didn't know my mobile number off by heart! Chris and the kids came up on Saturday evening which was cool. The guys called us regularly to fill us in on the happenings. Carl called me, very excited as he'd just done a bungee jump! Yikes! Dave videoed it so I'm looking forward to seeing that! Rather him than me...I am too much of a wuss!
On Sunday I had a BBQ at a colleague of my school-to-be's house (if that makes sense!!) which was very nice. It was good to chat without the formal interview situation. I then met Lou, Chris, the kids and Nicky at the Swan in Thatcham, where Jack and Chelsea were enjoying (most of the time) playing with some other children. We did have a funny incident where the table almost tipped over on us! Lou and Sophie got rather wet, but it was funny!!
On Monday I had my shuffle-up-day at my new school, so I have now met my new class. It was quite an intense day, a lot to take in, so my head was pounding by the time I left...and then I was viewing a house! The house was 'ok' so not going to go for it!
The guys came home quite late on Monday, and then Carl and I had to drive home...a bit tired then!

No comments: