Monday, May 01, 2006

In Newbury....

Last weekend Carl and I were in Newbury, Carl for Bert's Stag Do and me for some quality Lou time! The guys went for a curry on Friday night (buying a Dhal or however it is spelt!) and all trying it! Lou and I spent our evening at a Tapas Bar. Well, we nearly didn't as we got asked for ID! ha ha ha! I thought this was most amusing! I think is was me that made them ask as I was wearing a SpongeBob Squarepants t-shirt! We had lovely food, with some seriously STRONG blue cheese, and some yummy wine too!!

On Saturday the boys were at the Reading Beer Festival - they had fun, making Bert dress up in various outfits and do various things (Lou and I got regular photo updates!) Lou and I spent the morning with Jo, practising wedding day hair and watching the new Family Guy DVD. It was then a pub lunch and shopping before settling down with a bottle of wine to watch Black Books. We managed 2 bottles of wine and then ventured out for more wine!! We brought 3 more bottles (one each for another time and one for then!) as it was get one free! I managed half a glass before falling asleep watching Eddie Izzard. Lou didn't manage any of the third bottle! Ooops! I think the fresh air made us sleepy!! We did take some amusing photos though!! ;o)

On Sunday the lads were clay pigeon shooting. Carl was happy as he came 2nd! Lou and I met them in Chievely in a pub for more eating out!!

All in all I had a fabulous weekend (and so did Carl) More girlie wine sessions are needed I think!!

No comments: