Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Scooter-rama

Dad has decided to get a mobility scooter. Seeing as though it is the holidays and all I have been taxi-girl to various scooter places to see what is available. I had no idea they were so expensive!! They go from between £1200 to over £3000!! GULP!! We went to Baldock, Stevenage and Hatfield last Tuesday, where he had plenty of goes trying verious ones out! He went whizzing off round various parking lots - he was in his element! My auntie took him to Biggleswade and Bedford on Wednesday and I took him to Potton on Saturday. Then today we ventured to Milbrook for a nosey. The one that was closest to the one he liked was a bit too big, so it was a no-go there. The guy that worked there was kinda cute, but even that wouldn't sway his decision ;o) I think he's decided to go for the first one he saw and tested...
We've also kept up the swimming. We went last Wednesday and I managed 18 lengths but last night I only did 10. I had a headache and am recovering from a cold...better luck next week. Dad was in a real cheerful mood afterwards - I think he managed 14 lengths - go Dad!
I think the cold came about last Thursday as when I was salsa-ing it was like an out-of-body experience and my head was kinda muzzy. That is my excuse for my poor dancing skills that night and I am sticking to it!! I shall be back to my dynamic self this week...yeah right!

No comments: