Monday, February 27, 2006

Relaxing weekend....lovely!

Carl and I decided to have a relaxing weekend after the DIY extravaganza of half term and my going to Barcelona. We watched DVDs, messed on the computers, lazed around...bliss!!
Yesterday we took Paul and Sarah out for Sunday lunch as a thank you for helping us with the kitchen lino (which Paul and Carl spent 6 hours doing last Sunday. I arrived home from Barcelona halfway though, in dire need of a cuppa and lunch, so various items were passed though the kitchen window in order to have sustinance!) We went to The Wheatsheaf in Tempsford and ended up in a little room of our own and got preferntial treatment it seemed!! The food was lovely and the portions huge!! Carl had a mixed grill, Sarah had lamb roast, I had chicken roast and Paul had a 16oz T-bone steak which he ate so fast it was untrue (eating by inhalating your food as Carl would say!) After this we decided to have pudding too, as it all sounded so scrummy, so the boys had blackberry and apple crumbles, Sarah had Death by Chocolate and I had apple pie. Paul then commented that if he helps with the hall/stairs/landing carpet and they drag it out for 12 hours they could get 2 free meals out of it!! Hmm...nice try! Anyway, the food was lovely, the company great and a good time was had by all!!
It is now Monday night, 6.45pm and Carl and I are about to pick up my parents to take them swimming. It is COLD outside and we really are not in the mood, but as we didn't go last week we really should go this week and we'll feel much better if we do. I tell you, if we weren't taking Mum and Dad we wouldn't be bothering! Bad isn't it?! So I'll have M&D to thank for either: my new found fitness/getting a cold/having earache from water in the ear again!! Well..I'm sure we'll enjoy it when we get there...

No comments: