Monday, February 06, 2006

Bridesmaids dress shopping

How exciting! On Saturday I went bridesmaids dress shopping with Lou (the bride to be!!), Dori (chief BM), Carol (mother of the bride) and 3 year old Chelsea (flower girl and Dori's daughter). Such fun - fitting on posh frocks! V impressed that Lou brought them there and then - first day of looking! Hurrah! I think the dresses are lovely - such a great colour too!! :o)
One of the funny bits of the day for me was when I took Chelsea to the loo in Debenhams. Dori was in the process of changing when Chelsea said she needed the loo, so off we went! We got some very odd looks running around Debenhams in bridesmaids dresses!! Having located the toilets there was a long queue and only one loo was working. Chelsea then went into a long speil about being a girl and going into the girl's toilets and that she wasn't a boy (which reminded me of the episode of 'My Name is Earl' I'd seen the night before!) After a while, and the queue barely moving I decided we should go into the men's. I checked the coast was clear 1st and we ran into the cubicle and she did the deed - she wasn't impressed though as she was a girl, not a boy!! When we came out the queue hadn't even moved! I think I made the right choice!
So thanks Lou for a great day, and for having me as a BM - feeling all proud and excited and stuff!!

No comments: