Monday, November 14, 2005

James' 30th Birthday

What started off as a problematic start (missing our train and getting lost round the corner from Simon's place) turned out to be a great night!
We arrived at 'dusk' at about 6.30. It's the kinda place you could easily drive past...in fact we nearly did. We entered and went into the VIP room, which is really just a small taped off area really. The place was very dark but before we even looked at a price list, we knew it would be pricey!! And it was!! Carl and I had a bottle of red wine and a couple of cocktails during the evening. Carl wanted JD and coke, but at £8.50 for a single, we'd have had to remortgage the house before he was tipsy! (A bottle of JD was a staggering £110!! I kid you not!)

James and the Damn Pinyata

We had a good evening. It was good to see James again (after about 5 or 6 years!) and to see Martin again too...who hasn't changed a bit. Carl and I did try oysters (which were the cheapest thing on the menu!!) and I can honestly say...aphrodisiac HOW?!? They are distgusting! Yuck! Never again!!

Carl, Martin and Simon

I'd say that the highlight of my evening was Carl asleep on one shoulder then James coming over to see and saying he thought I was 'quite fit' before promptly falling asleep on the other shoulder! If anyone has a photo of this...I'd like to see it!!
We all left at about 1.30 and piled into taxis back to Simons. After this is gets a bit hazy (I was very tired and not drunk enough) and the mood took a downturn. So after a while I went to bed (by bed I mean floor in Si's room) wondering if I'd ever get to sleep with all the noise, only to wake up about 5 hours later to all the noise. James and the damn pinyata that refused to open!
Anyway, thanks James for inviting us...it was fun, and thanks Simon for the use of the floor...it was surprisingly comfortable!

No comments: