Thursday, May 22, 2008

The 3-month-I-hope-I remember-it-all-update-blog!

Thought I'd better blog...as it has been 3 months!! Facebook seemed to take over, but I can't reread it to jog my memory on what I've been up to, or keep people up-to-date with my life. So here is The 3-month-I-hope-I remember-it-all-update-blog!

February
Half Term - After being ill, I managed to survive until half term! I popped 'home' for a couple of days to visit family and friends. I visited my old school at lunchtime to see everyone, which was lovely. Sitting in the staffroom was just like old times! I also saw mum and dad and ended up taking Monty to the vets. He pulled his dewclaw and made a right mess of it! The vets bandaged him up and he spent the entire evening milking the situation! It is his poorly leg anyway, so he spent the time waving his paw around in a 'look I am injured, pay attention to me,' kind of way..hilarious! I also saw Paul, Sarah and Joshua. Sarah was quite big at this point and Joshua very talkative. Paul is in the process of signing up for the firefighter reserves, which is great news.

After half term, which went way to fast as usual, it was back to school with parent evenings to look forward to...

Salsa - I started salsa dancing again, going to Candente Salsa with Sarah from school. I put my self in the improvers class to recap stuff!!

March

Doctor Who - Our department at school went into production overdrive! Our production this year was 'Doctor Who and the Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff.' So it was rehersals galore for most of this month!
Housewarming - The Po's had a cocktail housewarming party! A full house with plenty of cocktail making by hostess Louey.
My birthday - This year we went to Jongleurs in Reading to celebtrate my aging. It was a good night of laughs, food, drinking and cheesey dancing...then leaving to late and missing our train! We then got a taxi that cost about £50 - boo hiss! All in all, a great night out!
Easter Weekend - It was great having Easter weekend outside the school holidays!! We popped to my parent's place and caught up with everyone. Joshua was trying to work out how his remote controlled car worked...by putting it upside down and watching the wheels move!
New Arrival - A friend of mine Sue had a baby boy, naming him Alex. Congrats Sua and Laith!

April

Training - Lou, Nicky, Kim and I started training for the Race for Life. We started off walking 3 mins, running 1 min 5 times, working up to some 3min run 3 min walks this month.
Performances - We did our Dr Who performances - including a drum duet during Don't Stop Me Now (I played bass drum!) My percussion debut! We also had fabulous Dr Who t-shirts we made for the occasion! LJ's rock!
Stags and Hens - It was time for DL and Joey's stag and hen dos. DL was taken to Liverpool by the lads...lots happened...including DL having a back wax and wearing a wrestlers outfit! Joey's hen do was a much more sophisticated affair. We watched cheesey movies, dank champagne, palyed beat the intro, did face masks and nails and went out for a meal. Kim brough baby Alex along too...his first hen do!!
Baby Wilson - Baby 'Kermit' was born! Sadly they decided not to go with this name, and called him Joseph instead! Still, that means Kermit is still free for me to use in the future!
Home - During 'spring break' (well it wasn't officially the Easter holidays any more!) I went home for a visit. I popped into school again to help with games club. I hadn't seen Darren for early 2 years! Helping out brought back lots of memories of working there... Also I got to see my new nephew. Joshua was very good, and I played playdough with him. He was very chatty. baby Joseph was a cutie and didn't cry when I held him! Amazing!!
London - Carl and I spent a weekend in London. We saw Avenue Q at the theatre and went to the King Tut exhibition at the O2. Avenue Q was BRILLIANT! We got half price tickets from lastminute.com and ended up weth 2nd row from the front seats!!! I enjoyed the King Tut exhibition too, but it seemed to lack something...maybe I was expecting too much?
Christening - Baby Alex was christened. I hadn't been to a christening for years (at least 10!) so wasn't sure what to expect. It all went well, Alex doing a lovely burp and making us giggle. Carl managed to blaspheme as well, which made me giggle as it was when it was really quiet! He was just trying to get his camera working!!

May
The Kitty-Flitter-Brooks Wedding - DL and Joey got hitched! It was a fabulous day with gorgeous weather too. The wedding was at Shaw House. The ceremony was a registary type. Lou and I got a bit leaky, especially at the Pooh poem! Alex made us laugh with his timing again, when he made noises when the registar did the 'does anyone object line' - obviously baby Alex does!! The reception was at The Sun in the Wood, so crazy golf was a must! A fantastic day! Congrats DL and Joey!!

Training - We continued training for the Race for Life. We did 3 min runs, 5 min runs, 8 mins runs and 10 mins runs with walking intervals. Lou and I did our 1st straight run of 20mins on 13/5/08 (which I didn't think I'd manage but so proud I did!) and all four of us did a 25min run last Thurs (about 3kmish) Amazing as 6 weeks ago I could barely run for 1 min!!

Bertie's Birthday BBQ - Last Sunday we had a BBQ to celebrate Bertie's birthday at the Putin residence. Again, we were lucky with the weather. DL and Joey showed us their wedding photos too. Bertie recieved some classic presents including the new Whitesnake album, Eastenders 25year edition book, wine, bath bombs and Ambrossia Devon Custard!!

No comments: