Sunday, February 10, 2008

This term is too long...

...and I need a rest! I was poorly sick this week...actually is was a year 3 bug that seemed to effect the teachers! Both Anna and I were ill on Monday, although we dragged ourselves on an orienteering course, which was good, but would have been so much better had we been well! I went to school on Tuesday and Wednesday and Anna was off ill. I was told I souldn't have been in either, but teachers generally go in until they are on death's door...and even then they try! I decided that I was too ill on Thursday so stayed at home, watched crap daytime TV and blew my nose a lot. Luckily Anna went in...even though she wasn't 100%! Friday we both went in and opted for an 'easy life' day, auditioning the children for the production and watching a history video!
Luckily feeling much better now...even more so now that the heating is back up and running!! A week with no hot water or heating is pants...especially when you are ill! But, it was all worth it as we have moved the 3 downstairs radiators and put shiny new ones in too. Carl is a plumbing genius! We also puchased new upstairs radiators (well they were 20% off at Wickes!!) but they will be installed at a later date....preferably when it is warmer!!

Other than that, we have been to sunny Bedfordshire to visit my family and say happy birthday to my mum. Joshua was a right chatterbox and there was no shutting him up...he even told me to 'Sush Ray!' We were discussing baby names, for my new nephew (who is at present a bump!) and Joshua liked the name Kermit...so maybe Kermit Wilson is the way to go....maybe not!

Also, I have joined the masses and am now on Facebook. I was slightly skeptical at first, but it is highly addictive, and I have made contact with some old friends, which is great!

Once again it has been musical houses with the Putins finally moving back to their proper house and the Pos moving to a new abode! All very exciting...and housewarming partings a-go-go!

Right now I am going to dish up my lovely roast dinner and curl up on the sofa in my lovely warm house! T-ra!

No comments: