Thursday, September 06, 2007

First week back (so far)...

...and I am shattered!!

Last Saturday we attempted to fit the magic corner unit...only to find that it was faulty...no magic...in fact it didn't even open properly! So we dismantled it and I called the B&Q helpline. They were apologetic (after all the first one we ordered was incorrect and now this one faulty) but their delivery system is stupid. Let me explain. Our extractor is being delivered on Wednesday, so I asked if it could be delivered on the same day, as we would have already taken 3 days off work (I know I was on school holidays, but I would have gone in if I could!) He went off and said that wasn't possible as the system decides the date, and it would be delivered on Friday....and the old one taken away on Monday! WHAT?!?! Where is the sense there? They can't take the onld one away while delivering the new one?!?!? ANd why can't they just add the new one onto the delivery for the extractor? CRAZY! And I said as much! I asked if it could be delivered to the store instead. He said it could, but the store would have to organise it. So it was off to B&Q. After a long discussion to try and get the assistant to understand what we were going on about, and even longer on hold, the new unit is now being delivered on Friday to the store and the store have the faulty one...better than nothing!

The good news is my car passed its MOT...after the nice Mr Welder man fixed it (it was REALLY rusty...holes and everything!)

I am quite worn out, even after 2 days back at school! I have been to body attack twice this week though...maybe that's something to do with it!!

No comments: