Monday, May 07, 2007

Bank Holiday Weekend.

The end of the bank holiday weekend...and I'm more tired than when I started!!
Friday I left school at 6.45 (yes...ridiculous I know!) and then decided a relaxing evening was in order, so watched Lady in the Water on DVD with Carl, which I enjoyed, with a nice bottle of red wine...
Saturday I took the boys to the train station as they were off to the Reading Beer Festival. I then went shopping (why on a Saturday when it is mayhem?!?! I did have an incident with a toddler trying to put stuff in my trolley...and then when his mum said no he clung on for dear life! Most amusing!) and then decided to try and sort my school work out a bit...which I did...while watching The Devil Wears Prada on DVD and scoffing popcorn! I then met the guys in town for a couple of drinks...
Sunday was spend DIY-ing. After returning our glorious, much raved about vacuum cleaner (it stopped working properly!) and getting a new one (which works fine!!) and doing a trip to Homebase, we set to work painting our bedroom. We have done it 2 colours, so we could only do the yellow today (2nd coat!) and then ordering pizza, drinking a bottle of Blackberry port type stuff (very yummy), watching 40 Year Old Virgin and falling asleep...
Today was spent painting the rest of the bedroom (blue!), doing school work and then 'unpreping' the bedroom (masses of used masking tape everywhere!), vacuuming and returning furniture so we could sleep in our own bed! (as spent the rest of the weekend in the spare room due to paint fumes and bed being covered in decorating rubbish) Now I am off for a snooze....

No comments: