Friday, February 09, 2007

Snow day!! Or should it be Ice day?

Shock of shocks, the school was closed today!! What a lovely suprise! It was only decided at 8.20 this morning. Have to say, today would have been a bit on an anti-climax after yesterdays fun events!! Anna and I were very pleased with this result - an extra day to do stuff!!
I stayed at school until 1 o'clock, catching up on bits and bobs, marking and tidying up, before heading off to the tidy-tip with the Lower Juniors recycling for the half-term, followed by trips to homebase and B&Q to get a fuse for our shower (which stopped making hot water earlier in the week! Cold showers are not good when in a chilly house, in winter!)

I did recieve some sad news today though. I found out someone I knew passed away yesterday. I knew she was ill and the outlook was bad...she was the lady who first got me to go to the Salvation Army sunday school when I was about 6 years old. I have very fond memories of her.

Tonight we have Carl's parents and Charlotte visiting for the weekend...if they make it through the weather!! We have a suprise planned for tomorrow...but I wont say anymore in case they see this!
Lou and Ross are moving today too! Yay! I am going to pop over shortly to help bubble wrap stuff - love bubble wrap! *pop*
Also going to the NME award tour in Reading on Monday (thanks to Lou and Ross as it was a Chrimbo pressie!) to see The Automatic - really looking forward to it!

Caro text me today with a classic Comedy Quote from Spaced. (Thanks mate!)

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

No comments: