Sunday, December 03, 2006

The 'hole' weekend.


So, my parents came up for the weekend. Intead of them seeing the house all nice (and warm) they get to see the hole in the kitchen (which got bigger after we removed the rotton ceiling)...well they did see the rest of the house but that became the focal point!
Friday night we just chilled out with a glass of wine and a DVD (Constantine - not quite sure what they made of that!) Saturday was almost a right off. Carl was desperately tring to sort out the stupid leaky valve below the boiler and not having much luck. Dad was foreman (and a big help - thanks dad!! xx) and suggested they sort it out while Mo and I went Chrimbo shopping in Newbury (which was the original plan!) So we did. Mo and I had fun exploring the shops...and she managed to do ALL her Christmas shopping...I managed 3 gifts! Oh well! In the evening we had roast chicken and I cooked roast butternut squash (they'd not had it before) and pototo and sweetpotato mash (they'd not had that either!), we watched Strictly Come Dancing and Charlie and The Chocolate Factory!
Sunday we went to the Toby Carvery (more yummy food) before taking Mum and Dad on a quick walk along part of the canal - sadly it was muddy and dad's wheelchair didn't like it! I then drove them home, had a cuppa and headed back...by the time I got back to Reading my arms felt like the were made of lead! I blame the traffic on the M25 - for everything!!!

No comments: