Monday, November 27, 2006

You're leaving, On a jet plane...

So, Jeannie and Mark are off travelling the world. Alright for some huh!
And so there was a gathering to wish them fair well, drink too much alcohol and hopefully not get hungover. They had much alcohol that needed consuming as it wasn't work packing it...but we all seemed to bring more!! They didn't stand a chance! We ended up going home with more than we brought with us - desperate was there need to rid their house of booze! A few of us decided to drink around the world...people had brought bottles from various countries and we decided to go around the world a drink at a time...starting with ... Cornwall!! Yes Cornwall - the place where people like shiny things, or so I've been told... We had a glass of Red Current Wine from Cornwall to start us off...Other drinks included wines from Chili and Argentina, Rums from the Dominican Republic and Australia and various other things I cannot recall - not that I drank that much mind you!!
Mark and Jeannie had set up a quiz...and I was accused of cheating (other teams did it too) as I held the paper up to the light to look through the tip-ex! I call it using my initiative!! Some of us did play the 'Spot the Intro' game later in the evening...which did seem to turn into the longest game in the world!
Myt favourite comment of the evening was early on and made by Caro. We were talking about penguins/Planet Earth etc and she said "Well it is getting smaller down there" to which we all laughed...dirty minds we have - she was talking about the environment, not their 'bits!'
All in all, a good night was had by all...crawling into bed at about 3am (and getting up at 7.30am as I was boiling and couldn't sleep, even though I was tired! D'Oh)
So, J & M - I hope you have a truely fabulous trip, seeing and experiencing wonderful, exciting things. Keep safe, keep blogging and I expect the odd postcard or two!! :o) Love you both! Oh and I will try not to kill the beanstalk, er I mean plant!

No comments: