Monday, November 13, 2006

Fireworks, New Forest and stuff

We went to see the fireworks at the Newbury Racecourse on Saturday Evening. I really enjoyed myself - very pretty fireworks...not too many bangers...all set to film music. My fave bit was to the Lost In Space theme - you couldn't help but wobble about like a weeble! We then went to the pub for some refreshment, but it ended up getting really smokey and I had a sneezing fit and thought I was getting ill! Ban smoking NOW I reckon!

On Sunday morning, Carl, Lou and I were in a swimming pool at 9am! We were very pleased with ourselves!! I managed 12 lengths...not bad after a 3 1/2 month break! Carl and I then went down to Ringwood to see Jeannie and Mark. We had a lovely walk in the New Forest (around somewhere called Fritham), where we saw many ponies (hurray!) and lots of PIGS!! The pigs were fabulous. They were in a field with a horse acting as a sheepdog does with sheep - so a pighorse then! Then the little piggies saw big mumma pig outside the field and so escaped one by one under the fence! (see elongated, squishy, stretchy piggy photo!) The they snorted as they followed mumma piggy around - very cute! We did see them when we were heading back to the car, a couple of hours later...still following mum, and we think one had a boot in it's mouth! We then went out for a pub dinner. Sadly, the carvery was nowhere to be seen, but we had yummy food from a normal menu instead...on the 2nd pub we tried!

Apart from that, we've been trying to organise the house, I've had the joys of parents evening, Carl was away on a course and Lou and I failed miserably to go to yoga (well, we went, we just didn't go in! They'd started, they were all sitting in a circle, in a brightly lit room, with towels on their heads. We thought it would be rude to disturb them, and a cup of tea would be a far better idea!) Lou and I did go to salsa last night though. The teacher for my class was very late, so I decided to be a man in beginners and had a much better time!

Other news is that Paul and Sarah are moving on Friday! Hurrah!! And Lou and Ross got the keys to their new place!! I think I'll need a new address book, what with almost everyone I know moving house!!

No comments: