Monday, August 21, 2006

It's all going too fast!

...the summer holidays that is! 2/3 of the way through already!! sob sob!

The houses are going through nicely, although quicker would be good - we won't be in for when term starts which is a bit annoying!

This weekend was spent sorting stuff out. Saturday we spent 6 hours in the loft, going through boxes of stuff. Carl also went through his video collection and actually got rid of a LOT of videos (a lot meaning quite a few bag fulls, but a small percentage of the videos he actually owns!!) So, the charity shops in the area have done quite well out of us!! Sunday was spent going to the tidy tip (1 car load from the loft alone!) and then sorting out the shed (2 car loads to the tidy tip!) Our shed looks massive now as it is virtually empty!! Hurrah!

Other stuff is starting to be boxed up now too, with the aim being all but the bare essentials will be done by the end of the weekend.

What else have I done in the past week? I took mum and Dad to see Sarah and Joshua (and I heard him speak!! No raspberries today!) and my friend Catherine came for a visit - we haven't seen each other for over a year we worked out! Also, went to salsa and had a good time. Chris is teaching me to be a man (as in dance as a man, not be all macho and fancy girls etc!) I can now do 9 moves as a man! And Chris makes a good woman too....although I would like to see more mincing!! :o) It is rather sad that I only have 2 more weeks as a regular at Salsa Estrellas. Shame they don't do a club in Newbury - a bit far away I suppose!! At least I can come back during holidays...they can't get rid of me that easily!!
Oh and more exciting news - Paul and Sarah sold there house and had an offer accepted on one in Potton! Hurrah! Talk about all go here!!

Back to packing...

No comments: