Friday, March 31, 2006

...and the holidays begin!

What a week. I am glad it is the end of term! I am shattered!!
Went swimming on Tuesday and managed 18 lengths - hurrah! Was determined to beat last time of 16 lengths!
Had a bit of an 'icky' incident at work yesterday when one the kids in my class shut is fingers in the fire door in my classroom. Lots of blood and nails being bent the wrong way - gruesome! I was in a bit of a panic really...I don't mind the blood so much, but the fingernails being bent and torn was just gross! I rushed him over to the office and we bandaged him up. He was pbviously very upset, but he could have been worse...he wasn't screaming the place down! Luckily it was about 15mins before school ends and his mum had obviously left home already to collect him. The rest of the class were complete stars though, sensible while this was happening and obviously concerned for their classmate. It turns out he'd broken a finger and lost a nail, but he was very brave!
Looking forward to going to Paris tomorrow...except the getting up at 3.30am to catch a 4.30 train! Best get some sleep then.....

No comments: